In the typical post regulation application V BIAS is directly connected to the main input supply, (range 2.5V - 5.5V) and V IN is supplied by the output voltage of a host DC-DC Converter (range 0.7V – 4.5V). Features include;
- Lower internal voltage losses and minimised self-heating
- Supports a variety of low voltage end applications
- Ideal as follower of a buck converter
- Independent bias supply ensures more robustness under heavy load changes
- Supports a variety of high load applications
The device has an ultra-low dropout voltage of less than 120 mV @ 1A load; provides an output voltage from 0.5V to 3.3V, from an input of 0.7V to 3.6V; accepts a bias supply voltage from 2.5V to 5.5V; and delivers up to 1A.