RClamp 0552T is a high performance, low capacitance transient voltage suppression (TVS) array device. The RClamp0552T is offered as a three-pin device and protects high speed differential pairs common in interfaces such as USB 3.0, MHL and HDMI 1.4.
Built on Semtech’s process technology that achieves the lowest clamping voltages, the RClamp0552T delivers optimal transient protection and is housed in a 1.0 x 0.6 mm package with a nominal height of 0.4 mm. Leads are spaced at a pitch of 0.34 mm, and the flow-through design of the package simplifies PCB layout by allowing the traces to run straight through the device. The combination of small size, low capacitance and high level ESD protection suits the RClamp0552T for protecting high speed differential lines in portable applications.
· Transient protection for high speed data lines to: IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) ±17kV (air), ±17kV (contact)
· 5V working voltage protection
· Protects two high speed data lines
· Low capacitance of 0.21 pF (typ.)
· Low dynamic resistance of 0.90 Ohms (typ.)
· 1.0 x 0.6 mm package with flow-through staggered pins
· Nominal thickness of only 0.4mm
The device costs $0.25 (10,000).