ADS 2012 features new capabilities that improve productivity and efficiency for all applications the system supports and breakthrough technologies applicable to GaAs, GaN and silicon RF power-amplifier multichip module design. The capabilities and breakthroughs now available to new and existing ADS users include:
- User interface enhancements designed to improve design efficiency and productivity, such as dockable windows for quickly accessing frequently used dialog boxes;
- Updated Load Pull and Amplifier DesignGuides, which offer mismatch simulation and make it easy to see amplifier performance at a specific output power level or a specific amount of gain, respectively;
- Dramatically improved integration with EMPro, which enables 3-D electromagnetic component designs to be saved as database cells for use directly in ADS;
- A new ADS electro-thermal simulator that incorporates dynamic temperature effects to improve accuracy in “thermally aware” circuit-simulation results;
- Multichip module electromagnetic simulation setup and Finite Element Method simulation of different technologies to analyze electromagnetic interactions between circuits and interconnects, wire bond and flip-chip solder bumps in typical multichip RF power-amplifier modules;
- Model support for the company's artificial neural network-based NeuroFET model (extracted by the comapny's IC-CAP device modeling software) to enable more accurate FET modeling and simulation results.