The MC33816 programmable solenoid controller embeds intelligence with four integrated μCores, enabling four parallel tasks to run independently of a main system microcontroller. The result is a response time up to a claimed 16-times faster than traditional architectures, for precise fuel delivery that reduces unnecessary fuel use.
Freescale comments that increasingly stringent fuel efficiency standards require highly advanced analogue technologies: the intelligent MC33816 controller also provides embedded encryption and microcode protection to inhibit reverse engineering and help safeguard system IP and software.
· 9-32V continuous supply, 5.5-58V transient
· Up to 72V pre-driver operating range
· Precision peak and hold drive capability
· Integrated DC-DC boost converter control circuitry
· Choice of four programmable slew rates 12.5 V/ µsec – 300 V/ µsec
· 10 x 10 mm 64-pin LQFP-EP package
The KIT33816AEEVM evaluation board is available now at www.freescale.com/KITMC33816 for $216. To demonstrate the embedded functions of the MC33816 programmable solenoid controller, software with SPI generator (SPIGen) can be downloaded at www.freescale.com/analogtools
The MC33816 programmable solenoid controller, from www.freescale.com/psc costs $3.06(100,000).