Automotive applications using power MOSFETs require gate drivers with high peak drive current and low output impedance. The FAN31xx_F085 and FAN32xx_F085 series of high-speed, low-side automotive qualified gate drivers from Fairchild Semiconductor offer flexibility for power supply and other high-efficiency MOSFET switching applications, providing a wide selection of feature and performance combinations to create compact, highly efficient and reliable designs.
These AEC-Q100 qualified drivers are available in an SO8 package with a choice of TTL or CMOS input thresholds. The drivers have two inputs for each channel (either Dual-input (+ and – logic), Inverting and Enable, or Non-inverting and Enable) offering design flexibility. Features include;
- Qualified to AEC-Q100 requirements (shown by flow code "_F085")
- Compound MillerDrive architecture for strong gate drive
- Short and well-controlled time delays (under 20 nsec propagation delays for above 1 MHz switching) allows paralleling drivers, and optimising drive timing to maximise efficiency
- Fail-safe inputs: output held low if no input signal is present
- 20V Abs max, over 4kV ESD withstand, and over 500mA reverse current
The devices cost $0.98, $1.10 and $1.33, respectively (1000).