Exar’s coprocessors provide compression to remove or minimise costly I/O bottlenecks and enable maximum system throughput with minimum latency, while optimising storage efficiency. The XR9200’s hardware-accelerated encryption and public key processing enables the secure infrastructure needed to support high transaction throughput and packet-per-second rate required by enterprise, cloud and web-based applications. The new family of coprocessors offloads computationally intensive compression and security algorithms from a host CPU and matches the performance of hundreds of enterprise class x86 CPU cores at much lower power and cost.
• 40 Gigabits/sec of processing throughput with simultaneous compression, encryption and hashing
• Compression ratios comparable to Level 9 gzip
• 40,000 operations/sec of RSA with 2048-bit keys
• PCI Express 3.0 host interface supporting 64 Gigabits/sec of bandwidth with 8 lanes
• 40 Gigabit/sec Interlaken interface supports external FPGA connection
• Class of Service to prioritise traffic for critical applications
• Single Root I/O Virtualisation (SRIOV) integrates 128 virtual functions to support virtualised I/O
• Support for gzip, zlib, Deflate, and eLZS
• Support for a wide range of symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithms
• Support for Suite B, multiple wireless algorithms, hardware Random Number Generation, and NIST compliant DRBG
• Security Containment features include a Key Unwrap engine and a Key Encryption Key store with Tamper Zeroisation
The XR9200 family of devices offers a wide range of performance options from 10 Gbit/sec to 40 Gbit/sec. The device family comes standard with a Software Development Kit (SDK) that is compatible with the XR8200 family of coprocessors.