With multimode capability and supporting LTE Category 4 download speeds up to 150 Mbps, the Snapdragon X5 LTE modem (9x07) is designed to be used in a range of mobile broadband applications and in IoT use cases that demand higher data rates. It joins the recently announced MDM9207-1 and MDM9206 IoT chipsets with pin-to-pin compatibility, as well as an onboard ARM CPU for running applications directly on the modem, enabling original equipment manufacturers (OEM) to address multiple segments while containing non-recurring engineering costs.
The Snapdragon X5 LTE modem (9x07) is designed to provide device makers, system integrators and developers with more options in supporting 4G LTE connections on major cellular networks worldwide offering a comprehensive, integrated solution that supports reduced product development costs, integration time and design complexity, as well as reducing the need for discrete processors, microcontrollers, and position location components, enabling it to occupy less space and further reduce Bill of Materials (BoM) cost.
The Snapdragon X5 LTE modem (9x07) offers the following support and features:
- FDD/TDD LTE Category 4 up to 150 Mbps downlink and 50 Mbps uplink speeds;
- DC-HSPA, GSM, TD-SCDMA and cdma2000/1x multimode;
- Scalable software across chipset platforms;
- Advanced, built-in hardware and software security features;
- Integrated support for Circuit Switched Fall Back (CSFB) and VoLTE;
- Integrated applications processor with ARM Cortex A7 at 1.2 GHz;
- Linux OS for application development;
- Integrated positioning for GPS, Beidou, Glonass, and Galileo;
- Small package at 28 nm LP to allow for optimised form factors;
- Pre-integrated support for Qualcomm VIVE Wi-Fi 1x1, 802.11ac featuring Qualcomm MU | EFX MU-MIMO technology and BT 4.1 BLE;
- Qualcomm RF360 Front End.