ZSPM1505 and ZSPM1506 are single-phase true-digital power controllers for powering auxiliary power rails for field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) in enterprise networking and storage applications. Many high performance FPGAs require a third power supply commonly referred to as the auxiliary rail (AUX). The AUX rail is often used to power internal clocks, phase-lock loops, peripheral input/output devices and transceivers in FPGA applications. These are critical rails that require tight tolerances and low jitter and ripple on the output voltages.
ZSPM1505 and ZSPM1506 are pre-configured to provide a simple solution for high-performance, digitally controlled power supplies with one of ZMDI’s integrated MOSFET power stage DrMOS products: the ZSPM9000, ZSPM9010, ZSPM9015 or ZSPM9060. The ZSPM15xx family of digital controllers features a flexible design that allows users to select the over-current protection limit, output voltage rise time and control loop compensation via two external resistors.
The ZSPM1505 is preconfigured for a power stage output of 1.8V, and it is capable of supporting loads up to 30A. The ZSPM1506 can support loads up to 25A at 2.0V. ZMDI provides bills-of-materials (BOMs) and circuit board layouts for minimal footprint size.
- High accuracy for output voltage (± 1%);
- Low noise and ripple at the output;
- Factory pre-configured with industry standard voltages;
- ZSPM1505 output voltage: 1.8V;
- ZSPM1506 output voltage: 2.0V;
- Enhanced performance with ZMDI’s integrated MOSFET power-stage DrMOS products: ZSPM9000, ZSPM9010, ZSPM9015 or ZSPM9060;
- High power density in a 4 x 4 mm QFN24 package footprint;
- Selectable over-current limit protection, output voltage slew rate and control loop compensation;
- Full feature set for fault protection;
- Operation temperature: -40°C to +125°C;
- Operation from a single supply voltage: 5V.
ZSPM1505 and ZSPM1506 are priced at €0.87 or $1.22 (1000).