The flexible, fully programmable digital controllers provide precision regulation and telemetry to support the latest high-efficiency computing system designs. PV3202 is a full-featured VR12.5 dual phase digital controller with Auto-Control, which provides improved transient performance and real-time adaptive loop compensation. PV3104 is a single phase controller offered in the standard 5 x 5 mm QFN package and is footprint-compatible with the PV3202. Completing the family of SVID controllers is the PV3103, an ultra-small, digital synchronous buck controller in the 4 x 4 mm QFN package – PV3103 is ideally suited to high density or compact design needs.
The series features Powervation’s Auto-Control adaptive compensation, which is a mode of Powervation’s leading xTune auto-tuning architecture, which delivers faster transient performance and greatly simplifies the design process and time-to-market. The NV memory and RAM architecture allows designers to flexibly configure and store regulator parameters.
The new controllers are designed to deliver optimised performance and to interface with most leading MOSFET driver and DrMOS solutions, to power DDR4 memory and other Intel SVID and PMBus loads for server, storage, high performance computing and communications systems.
- Intel Compliant Serial VID VR12,5 (SVID) Interface;
- SMBus interface with PMBus power system management protocol;
- ±0.5% VOUT, ±1.5% VIN, & ±3% IOUT accuracy over temperature;
- Precision measurement & telemetry reporting (VOUT, IOUT, VIN, EOUT, temperature, duty cycle, and switching frequency);
- Programmable fault protection (OVP, OCP, SCP, LOS, UVLO, OVLO, OTP);
- Configurable phase add/drop (automatic or via PS1 command);
- Single-Pin CONFIG with memory for eight profile tables;
- Anti-fuse based non-volatile memory (NVM);
- Temperature compensated phase current sense & matching;
- 0.6 V to 1.52 V output;
- Programmable frequency 375 kHz to 1 MHz.