While documentation is a critical element of every post-design process, engineers – says Altium – typically find themselves struggling with limited, 3rd-party documentation tools that lack a connection to their original design data. With Draftsman in Altium Designer 16.1, PCB designers can create and update documentation without ever leaving their design workspace. Draftsman enables PCB designers to:
- Stay at their most efficient by creating and updating assembly documentation without ever having to learn another tool or workflow.
- Communicate with manufacturing with markup and drawing object tools, all available in the same familiar design interface.
- Provide data-rich details on board layouts with detailed perspectives, flexible board layout views, and expressive call-outs.
The company adds that, “With Draftsman, we’ve gone beyond the basic limitations of the traditional documentation process with intelligently linked design and documentation data, allowing engineers to focus on communicating their design details right the first time.”
Rlease 16.1 also features updates related to high-speed designs and mechanical enclosure verifications;
- Precise 3D Measurements - Engineers can precisely measure board layouts in Native 3D and ensure a precise fit with existing mechanical enclosures.
- USB 3.0 Support - Engineers can easily design accurate and high-speed board layouts with technology-aware configurations for USB 3.0.