While power-efficient LED lights are becoming increasingly popular, the energy-savings benefits often don't outweigh the instant-lighting performance that people have come to expect from incandescent lights in such applications. Microsemi's new LED driver solves this issue by delivering a 150ms or shorter startup time that is not noticeable by the human eye. This attribute, coupled with the device's form factor and power/current levels, makes it ideal for use in areas where “instant-on” lighting is required or expected.
Microsemi’s new Energy Star-compliant solid state LED driver provides over-voltage and over-current protection, as well as automatic over-temperature shutdown to facilitate reliable and safe operation. It is compatible with 50 Hz and 60 Hz AC power sources worldwide with standard voltages ranging from 120 VAC +/ -10 percent to 277 VAC +/-10 percent. The output is a 700 milliamps (mA) dimmable constant current source. It complies with UL, CUL, CE and EMC industry standards. Additional features include:
- High-voltage AC input (90-305 VAC) for worldwide installations
- Constant current single 700mA string applications using ~5-12 LEDs without flickering (up to 30W output)
- High power factor (PF > 0.9) and low total harmonic distortion (THD < 15 percent) across the entire input voltage range at full load to meet or exceed standard requirements
- Dimmable to 10 percent via 0-10VDC (compliant to IEC 60929 ), PWM controls or potentiometers for additional energy savings
- FCC Title 47, part 15 Class B compliant
The LXMG221W-0700030-D0 is available in production quantities now. For volume OEM pricing, please contact a Microsemi sales representative via email at email@example.com.