Claimed as the fastest-available half-bridge gate driver for discrete power MOSFETs and IGBTs that operate up to 600 V, the UCC27714 high-side, low-side driver with 4-A source and 4-A sink current capability reduces component footprint by 50%, enabling higher power density in high-frequency, offline AC/DC power supplies used in server, telecom and industrial designs including uninterruptible power supplies.
Specifications include 90 nsec propagation delay, tight control of the propagation delay with a maximum of 125 nsec across -40C to 125C and tight channel-to-channel delay matching of 20 nsec across -40C to 125C. The device eliminates the need for bulky gate drive transformers, saving significant board space in high-frequency switch-mode power electronics.
- a smaller footprint creates highest power-density solutions: the UCC27714 reduces gate driver component footprint in secondary-side controlled power supplies.
-advanced noise toleration: negative voltage handling of -6 V at the switched-node pin creates the ability to tolerate noise, causing virtually no malfunctions in the electronic system.
- MOSFETs have the ability to drive over a wide power range: the device’s high-current capability of 4A enables MOSFETs to drive over a wide power range, from a few watts to a kilowatt.
- wide temperature range: all electrical characterisations have little variations across operating temperatures, creating a simplified design and speeding time to market.
Support tools include PSpice transient model simulation software and fully tested reference designs from the TI Designs reference design library:
- UCC27714 600W Phase Shifted Full Bridge Converter Evaluation Module ( UCC27714EVM-551)
- 230-V, 400-W High-Efficiency Battery Charger Power Supply with PFC and LLC for 36-V Power Tools ( TIDA-00355)
- 360W Phase Shift, Full Bridge Resonant LLC with High Side Low Side Driver ( TIDA-00381)
- 340W Digital Controlled LLC Resonant Half-Bridge DC-to-DC Power Conversion ( TIDA-00512)
- 300W PFC Plus Resonant LLC Half-Bridge Controller Offline AC/DC PSU Module ( TIDA-00520)
The high-speed 600 V high-side low-side gate driver comes in