Altium has announced the upcoming release of new landmark PCB design and data management technologies in Altium Designer 17 and Altium Vault 3.0. They are previewed at www.altium.com/altium-designer/coming-soon and www.altium.com/altium-vault/coming-soon
New features include
- ActiveRoute which allows an engineer to design high quality PCB layouts with high-performance, guided routing technology.
- Dynamic Copper which allows engineers to save time with the ability to easily modify copper polygon shapes.
- Back Drilling which allows engineers to reduce signal integrity disturbances on high-speed designs with complete control over drill hole specifications.
“PCB designers continue to be confronted with time consuming interactive routing challenges,” said Charles Pfeil, Senior Product Manager at Altium. “With ActiveRoute(tm), we’ve pushed routing technology into a new frontier by providing complete user control and flexibility for high quality routing in a small fraction of the time.”
The upcoming release of Altium Vault 3.0 will, Altium adds, include technologies to gain more control over data management workflow, with new ways to search, synchronize and manage their design data using features such as;
- Streamlined Project Releaser which enables an engineer to add verified project snapshots with included design variants for fabrication and assembly.
- Customized Item Manager Automatching which allows engineers to synchronize projects and define parameters to update unmanaged assets with verified design data.
- Expanded Templates which allows engineers to keep their design projects standardized with templates for Projects, Draftsman, Scripts, and Bill of Materials reports.
The new technologies being introduced in Altium Designer 17 and Altium Vault 3.0 will be available this November as free upgrades for existing Altium Subscription customers. Webinars on the upcoming features are planned; links as above.