The F2912 lists features that include:
- Frequency range of 300 kHz to 8 GHz, achieving broad bandwidth without sacrificing performance across the entire frequency range.
- Low insertion loss of 0.4 dB, providing low path loss without compromising isolation performance.
- High isolation of 60 dB at 2 GHz to reduce signal leakage between adjacent RF port paths.
- High OIP3 of +64 dBm to reduce intermodulation distortion.
- P1dB of 30 dBm, providing 1W compression point, ensuring rugged operation for a variety of applications.
- 3.3 V and 1.8 V control logic consistent with common FPGA and microcontroller logic levels – no negative supply/control voltage is required. DC current from a 3.3V line is 20 µA.
- Operating temperature range of -55 to 125°C for high reliability in harsh thermal environments.
- Switching time of around 1 µsec.
“The F2912 represents IDT's entry into the RF switch market, where it integrates seamlessly with our other leading RF products to provide engineers a reliable and efficient development path,” said Chris Stephens, IDT’s senior director of Wireless Product Definition and Marketing.