Dolphin asserts that PMICs with their focus on reusability are neither power efficient nor cost effective, whereas it has launched a reusable library of embedded Power Regulators, named “DELTA", enabling all relevant optimisations. The library is presented as the easiest construction approach to Power Management Networks, enabling fast assessment and choice of the most relevant network for a given SoC.
- Shorter time-to-market thanks to standardised regulation components and interconnection checks;
- Power optimisation thanks to the combination of high-efficiency switching regulators for active mode, and regulators with ultra-low quiescent current for retention mode;
- Lowest Bill-of-Material at system level for a SoC addressing market challenges thanks to a wide offering of optimised components.
Following its use at 180 nm, for low-end Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications Dolphin Integration now offers the DELTA library on TSMC 55 nm uLP and uLP eFlash processes. The combination of IP and process targets the ultra low-power requirements of battery powered IoT devices.
The complete low-power and high-density offering on TSMC 55 nm uLP / uLP eFlash comprises:
- The standardised DELTA power kit library
- A set of memories and a cache controller
- A set of standard cell libraries with their associated island construction kit
Dolphin Integration; www.dolphin.fr