This product leverages the high density of a pure logic PMW modulator (40% area reduction at 65 nm compared to a mixed-signal CODEC) with the advantage of the high dynamic range of a mixed-signal ADC. Its ultra-low silicon area, close to one square millimeter, contributes to positioning the sCODa-MT1-LR.01 as the leading converter for cost-effectiveness, Dolphin believes.
- One ADC channel with analogue microphone circuitry
- One digital microphone input channel
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) preventing audio signal saturation on the microphone input
- Wind noise filters to reduce environment disturbances and to enhance voice quality
- PLL-less feature protecting audio signals against any performance drop due to jittered clock issues
- Two DAC channels (R/L) with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for speaker or headphone outputs
This product is delivered with a handbook of reference application schematics helping to select external components for a large range of output types (e.g. headphone, speaker, line-out) and performances. This provides guidelines for helping users optimise the cost/performance trade-offs with confidence in well-proven results.
The IP realises;
- Low silicon area using a pure logic PWM DAC
- High SNR, up to 105 dB A-weighted on the DAC (depending on the sound amplifier); 90 dB A-weighted on ADC
- THD of -90 dB on DAC, and -80 dB on ADC
- Wide sampling frequency range: 8 kHz to 192 kHz
The product is available at 65 nm at TSMC, but is easily retargetable from 130 nm to 28 nm at leading foundry processes.
Dolphin Integration; www.dolphin-ip.com