These chipsets, consisting of the DLP9000 and DLP6500 digital micromirror devices (DMDs) and each programmable by the DLPC900 controller, offer developers higher resolution imaging, extended wavelength support and faster pattern rates compared to previous devices. The corresponding DLP LightCrafter evaluation modules, DLP LightCrafter 9000 and 6500, allow developers to assess each chipset, which enables a fast product development cycle.
DLP9000 has more than 4x higher resolution and more than 2x faster pattern rates than DLP4500; DLP6500 has more than 2x higher resolution and more than 2x faster pattern rates than DLP4500; DLP9000 and DLP6500 offer extended wavelength support of 400nm-700nm compared to the DLP4500, which offers 420nm-700nm.
The DLP9000 offers four million pixels, or a 2560-by-1600 micromirror array, and is the highest resolution DMD in the TI DLP portfolio available to the broad market. The DLP9000 can be used to build large, advanced resolution objects in 3D printing and scan larger objects at longer throw distances. For cost-sensitive applications, the DLP6500 offers up to two million pixels, or a 1920-by-1080 (1080p) micromirror array.
The DLPC900 controller provides an interface for reliable, high-speed control of the micromirrors. By using a single controller to support multiple DMDs, customers have the flexibility to design multiple high-performance systems using just one design iteration.
DLP9000 and DLP6500 chipsets include:
· A scalable portfolio that enables the flexibility to choose the right performance and price point.
· Programmable pattern rates up to 9,500 Hz for fast 3D measurements and product builds.
· Optimised for wavelengths from 400 nm to 700 nm and compatible with widely available resins for 3D printing and resists for lithography applications.
DLP LightCrafter 9000 and 6500 evaluation modules include:
· Standard USB, HDMI and I²C interfaces allow developers to create designs for a variety of applications.
· Simple-to-use GUI allows for efficient real-time chipset programming.
DLP9000 is available in a 355-pin hermetic FLS package and the DLP6500 is available in 350-pin ceramic