The functional safety platform augments TI’s 20+ years of safety-critical design expertise and includes design packages with analog devices and embedded processors – from microcontrollers to digital signal processors – as well as software, supporting documentation and independent third-party evaluation and certification.
SafeTI design packages are suitable for a broad range of products in markets including industrial, automotive, transportation, energy, medical and many others, to accelerate safety-critical product development. Also announced today are new SafeTI-61508 design packages that include 15 Hercules RM4x ARM Cortex-R4 safety microcontrollers and the complementary TPS65381-Q1 multi-rail power supply from TI for industrial, medical and energy motor control applications.
SafeTI design packages include five key components for functional safety:
- Functional safety-enabled semiconductor components developed as safety-standard- compliant items to help enable designers to build safe systems with confidence.
- Safety documents, tools and software to decrease development and certification time. SafeTI documents include a Safety Manual detailing product safety architecture and recommended usage, Safety Analysis Report including details of safety analysis and Safety Report summarizing compliance to targeted standards.
- Complementary embedded processing and analog components work together to help designers meet safety standards.
- Quality manufacturing process has been applied to help assure that SafeTI components meet the component-level requirements concerning ISO9 001 and/or ISO/TS 16949 (including AEC-Q100 for automotive), helping the customer deliver robust solutions.
- Safety development process that follows ISO 26262, IEC 61508 and IEC 60730 requirements, which is assessed by auditors as prescribed by safety standards.
SafeTI design packages provide help to manage both systematic and random failures, enabling customers to design their functional safety systems. Using SafeTI components makes it easier for customers to achieve compliance to safety standards and get to market quickly in rapidly growing, safety-critical markets.
The design package features development tools, software and support for safety-critical development.
The SafeTI ARM Compiler Qualification Package establishes confidence in development tools. The kit will help you document, analyze, validate and qualify your use