The platform uses Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to achieve wireless sensing and actuation with zero configuration effort at a lower price point than traditional wired solutions; MicroPnP is a complete IoT hardware and software platform that its makers say reduces the total cost of ownership for sensing and control systems.
- True plug-and-play identification of sensors and actuators at a power level stated as seven orders of magnitude less than USB.
- Ultra-reliable networking through Linear's SmartMesh IP .
- Industry-grade security from the embedded sensor to the cloud.
- 10 years battery lifetime, with accurate real time tracking of energy reserves across the entire network.
- Flexible usage models: integrate MicroPnP in your network through ‘sensing as a product’, or consume data through ‘sensing as a service’.
VersaSense NV/SA is based in Leuven, Belgium and is a spin-off company of iMinds-DistriNet at KU Leuven. VersaSense designs and manufactures products for next-generation industrial wireless sensing and control systems. This includes: ultra-low power wireless hub devices, a wide range of sensors and actuators, and end-to-end software support. VersaSense also designs and deploys specialised sensing systems for customers working in: data centre monitoring, chemical pipeline sensing, precision farming and building energy monitoring.
Linear Technology; www.linear.com
* at the Linear Technology exhibition stand H23, Hall 9