The ZSSC5101 can directly interface with magnetoresistive sensor bridges such as AMR (anisotropic magnetoresistive), GMR (giant magnetoresistive) and TMR (tunnel magnetoresistive) sensors, enabling up to 360° angle sensors or high-resolution linear motion sensors. The chip automatically compensates for temperature drifts of the sensor, allowing superior accuracy over its full temperature range of -40°C to +150°C.
With a high-resolution ratiometric analogue output featuring a resolution down to 0.02° per step, the ZSSC5101 is suited for use as a contactless, wear-free replacement of potentiometers in harsh environments.
“ZSSC5101 [is] the first standard product in ZMDI’s high-precision, magnetic position sensor signal conditioner family,” said Josef Janisch, Global Product Manager for ZMDI’s Position Sensor ICs. “We can enable the most precise integrated magnetic position sensors available today; for example, using the latest AMR sensing technology. With an angular accuracy of 0.1° (typical) or better, these sensors are up to 10 times more accurate than comparable integrated solutions. Furthermore, our unique implementation of automatic drift compensation provides high accuracy over the full automotive temperature range.”
- High accuracy enables best-available rotation and linear motion sensing;
- Only three wires required for operation and programming;
- Integrated diagnostic features allow usage in safety-critical applications;
- Internal EEPROM allows multiple-time programming;
- Full user programmability of angle range, zero position clamping levels, etc;
- High-resolution, precision analogue output provides an easy-to-read interface for a variety of applications, such as pedals, valves, and robot arms.
ZSSC5101 is available in a SSOP-14 package and as sawn bare die and tested unsawn wafers.