In terms of the synthesis of multi-section coaxial lowpass filter designs, CLPfilter features:
- Synthesis of electrical circuit for a lowpass filter;
- Synthesis of the distributed circuit for the coaxial lowpass filter; and
- Synthesis of the number of sections (N) needed to achieve a skirt attenuation.
For electrical synthesis of various filter design options, the software offers:
- Chebyschev or Butterworth frequency response;
- Standard electrical circuit or its dual electrical circuit; and
- Prototype lowpass circuit elements that are included.
In terms of the frequency analysis response profile, CLPfilter caters for:
- Real and Imaginary input impedance: R + jX;
- Input VSWR and thru-path insertion loss;
- Insertion phase and time delay;
- Peak RF power handling of the coax lowpass filter; and
- Higher-order TE11 modes for the coax lowpass filter.
CLPfilter provides the user with full design capability, from synthesis to frequency analysis of lumped-element lowpass filters and their distributed coaxial form. User data files can be read into CLPfilter so that popular coax lowpass filter designs are analyzed and understood, prior to manufacturing.
A free DEMO version of RF design software product: CLPfilter is available for download at www.AtlantaRF.com.