In many applications, RS-232 transceivers interface with UARTs, MCUs and other logic devices operating from supplies less than 3.3V. The XR32220 and XR32431 feature a low voltage logic pin (VL) that can be used to adjust the transceiver’s logic output levels and input thresholds for compatibility with lower supply voltage logic. The VL range is 1.65V to 5.5V. The adjustable low voltage interface eliminates the need for a level shifter/translator between the transceiver and UART or MCU.
The devices offer;
• 3.0V to 5.5V supply operation
• 1.65V to 5.5V logic interface VL pin (XR32220, XR32431)
• Auto on-line circuitry automatically wakes up from a 1 µA shutdown
• Regulated charge pump yields stable RS-232 outputs regardless of VCC variations
• XR32220: 250 kbps min transmission rate
• XR32430, XR32431: 250 kbps/460 kbps/1 Mbps min transmission rate
The XR32220, XR32430 and XR32431 occupy 4 x 4mm QFN (XR32220) and 5 x 5mm QFN (XR32430/31) packages, for $0.74 to $0.94 (1000).