This gives engineers a new way to conduct sink testing and provides a cost-effective and compact alternative to the company’s well-established E4887A HDMI TMDS signal generator platform. The test solution reduces development costs while providing accurate test results with greater flexibility than other HDMI and MHL test solutions. Further, the HDMI and MHL test solution is the only single-box generator solution available today.
Full test-automation software is available, which speeds up testing. It allows engineers to test the performance of HDMI and MHL-enabled devices efficiently and with fast test throughput, increasing productivity.
The two AWG modules required for HDMI sink testing fit in a single mainframe. Other benefits of the Agilent HDMI and MHL 2.0 AWG sink testing solution include:
- Cost-effective configurations;
- Compact setups that eliminate the need for external clock and jitter sources and cable emulators;
- Unique test-automation capabilities with industry’s broad test coverage, using N5990A software to control the HDMI and MHL signal generators and oscilloscope.
The HDMI and MHL 2.0 sink testing solution comprises the following products:
- Infiniium 90000A Series oscilloscope and N5399B compliance test software for calibrating sink test configurations;
- M8190A-based HDMI and MHL signal generators;
- N5990A test-automation software from Agilent’s solution partner BitifEye.
“Being able to use advanced measurement tools such as AWG configurations for HDMI and MHL sink testing enables developers to address potential design issues early in the design cycle and get products to market faster,” said Alexander Schmitt, CEO of BitifEye.