With lowest noise and jitter measurement floors, the new oscilloscopes enable engineers to effectively test devices that incorporate the newest technologies and achieve new performance milestones. The Z-Series includes 10 models ranging from 20 to 63 GHz, all of which are bandwidth-upgradable to 63 GHz. The Z-Series also features significantly faster processing and a next-generation user interface.
- Sufficient bandwidth to capture the third harmonic on 28-, 32- and 40-Gbps digital signals;
- Updated user interface to analyse emerging technologies, including spatial modulation;
- Optional synchronisation port to allow measurements on up to 40 channels simultaneously;
- Capacitive touch screen and touch-screen-friendly controls to improve the user experience; and
- USB 3.0 offload speeds, making it significantly faster to offload and analyse data.
The Z-Series builds on technologies used in Agilent’s 90000 Q-Series oscilloscopes. They include RealEdge technology, which comprises a combination of Agilent-proprietary architectures, next-generation microcircuits/thin-film components, and advanced application of Agilent’s indium phosphide semiconductor process. RealEdge enables high-frequency capability while maintaining the industry’s lowest noise and jitter measurement floors at 75 fsec.
The option to join multiple Z-Series oscilloscopes together using Agilent software to form a system of 40 channels or more is coded option N8822A; more than 40 measurement-specific applications, include jitter, triggering and measurement software, analysis tools and full-compliance certification test suites; Infiniium offline analysis software lets engineers analyse data using oscilloscope software on a PC or laptop instead of tying up the instrument for analysis; N2807A PrecisionProbe Advanced software that helps engineers characterise and correct for cables to the full 63 GHz; and Agilent’s InfiniiMax III probing technology supports bandwidths up to 30 GHz.
Existing 90000 Q-Series units can be upgraded to Z-Series performance by adding the N2105A and N2109A upgrade kits.
Agilent Technologies; www.agilent.com/find/ZSeries