System designers and architects can use this library to develop new memory sub-systems, explore new standards and algorithms, and optimise the memory access for their target application. The solution has been used to conduct trade-off between different speed/variations of DRAM, performance vs. power, and memory bandwidth efficiency. The library elements can be combined with the VisualSim architecture library to assemble a full system or SoC.
“Memory interface design and analysis is the biggest demand from our system-level customer base”, said Deepak Shankar, Founder of Mirabilis Design. “This library is a first of its kind and contains all the required models in one folder. Our customers are using these blocks to architect deterministic read/write latency and maximise battery life.”
VisualSim Memory can be used with VisualSim resource, behaviour and cycle-accurate modelling libraries to construct models, simulate and analyse the complete system or SoC. This library is used to validate proposal, conduct trade-off decisions, timing, throughput, arbitration algorithm, power consumption analysis, and study systems behavior with different configuration (single vs. dual channels, clock speed variations, addressing schemes, and controller algorithms).
- DRAM blocks available are DDR2, DDR3, DDR4, LPDDR2, LPDDR3, LPDDR4, and SRAM
- Storage blocks available are Flash and SSD
- New technology available are NVM, and HBM
- Memory controllers available are JEDEC-standard, Multi Port-Multi Channel, and generic.
- Statistical and Cycle-Accurate Cache available
- Memory controller and RAM blocks can be combined with the processor, RTOS, buses, interfaces, traffic generators and other architecture components to assemble the entire system.
- The modelled systems can be simulated for a variety of interface speeds, traffic rates, memory capacity, controller attributes, vendor-specific timing.
Pricing for the VisualSim Memory Modeling Library starts at $5,000; it requires VisualSim Architect to construct models and simulate. ( VisualSim Architect is a system-level modeling, simulation, and analysis environment with a wide-ranging set of libraries and application templates that significantly improve model construction and analysis time.) The product