SimpleLink SensorTag is a development kit that enables integration of sensor data with wireless cloud connectivity. Features include:
- Flexible development with multiple wireless connectivity options including Bluetooth low energy, 6LoWPAN and ZigBee based on the SimpleLink ultra-low power CC2650 wireless microcontroller (MCU)
- 10 integrated low-power sensors with lowest power consumption for multi-year battery life
- DevPack plug-in modules that extend the kits' functionality and programmability
- Out-of-the-box capabilities with a free iOS or Android app, no programming experience is required to get started
- TI Design reference designs , including 3D print files of the SensorTag enclosures, allow reuse of the SensorTags as a starting point for your own designs
- A Wi-Fi demo-version of the SensorTag will be introduced soon
"Key to helping customers derive value from the Internet of Things is simplifying the connection of IoT devices to business applications. The new SimpleLink SensorTag from TI with their rapid connection to IBM Bluemix and Internet of Things Foundation is a big step forward in enabling this and allows customers to rapidly drive business benefits from IoT projects," said Jack Desjardins, VP Ecosystem Alliances, IBM Internet of Things.
TI asserts that in addition to cloud connectivity, the SensorTag ecosystem makes development easier than before. The SensorTag kits come with ready-to-use protocol stacks, free Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) license, online training and 24/7 online TI E2E community support. TI's cloud-based software development tools provide access to examples, documentation, software and an integrated development environment (IDE) from the web.
Expanding the standards supported by the SensorTag, there will be two different development kit versions:
- The multi-standard SensorTag, based on the SimpleLink ultra-low power CC2650 wireless MCU, supports development for Bluetooth Smart, 6LoWPAN and ZigBee. This SensorTag has a feature that allows developers to change between