The Tiva C Series TM4C1294NCPDT MCU on-board adds advanced Ethernet technology and the largest memory footprint available in the LaunchPad ecosystem. The performance and diverse peripherals on this platform can run multiple communication stacks simultaneously, allowing engineers to develop network gateways that can connect multiple endpoints to the cloud. Example applications include sensor gateways, home automation controllers, industrial communication/control networks, cloud-enabled gadgets/appliances and anything you choose to connect.
Along with the on-board Ethernet MAC+PHY, and analogue integration and connectivity options, the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad contains two BoosterPack XL plug-in interfaces. These interfaces allow designers to connect to a wide range of compatible BoosterPacks, providing the capability to expand application reach with sensors, displays, and wireless modules.
- connects and communicates with products and services using on-board 10/100 Ethernet MAC+PHY with advanced-line diagnostics for smart identification of cabling issues. Integrated CAN and USB provide high-speed connectivity, allowing the creation of seamless gateway solutions.
- controls outputs and manages multiple events, such as lighting, sensing, motion, display and switching, using sensor aggregation capabilities with 10 I 2C ports, two fast accurate 12-bit analogue-to-digital converters (ADCs), two quadrature encoder inputs, three on-chip comparators, external peripheral interface and advanced pulse-width modulation (PWM) outputs.
- uses the on-board cloud solution to remotely interact with applications running on the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad(s).
- adds to the value of IoT applications with scalable cloud technologies and visual analytics. These enable designers to connect remotely through a web browser or custom application to manage the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad and real-time data.
- interconnects to standard breadboards for easy prototyping with the I/O grid array using industry-standard headers.
You can regulate application power levels with on-board TI analogue: TPS2052BDRBR (fault-protected power switch, dual-channel) and TPS73733DRV (3.3 LDO fixed out and 5V in). You can also use TI's SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3000 BoosterPack, SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2541-based BoosterPack from Anaren, as