The VRX220 is built to balance carrier needs for gateway functionality with low system cost. Features include:
- Bill-of- Material (BOM) savings due to small form factor reference Gateways on a two-layer PCB with Fast Ethernet LAN ports, 802.11n wireless LAN, and Carrier-Grade VoIP.
- Complete and seamless networking software package with routing, firewall and QoS, and TR-69 remote configuration – a ready-to-go design that enables fastest time to market for telecom operators.
- Seamless support of VDSL Profile 8, 12, 17 and 30 MHz without any change of hardware, including support of Hybrid Fibre/Copper (FTTB/FTTdp).
- Vectoring support for future-proof performance in next generation networks.
- Fully backwards compatible with millions of VDSL/ADSL lines in the field and covered by all major international certificates to ensure full interoperability (IOP)
Carriers can adopt a home gateway strategy that uses a common software platform and feature set in a family of devices – from cost-optimised entry level VDSL gateways to high-end media gateways based on more feature-rich CPE chips.