The 13.5 x 13.5 mm nMode module contains a MEMS accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, pressure sensor, and a MEMS microphone — all from STMicroelectronics. The small size suits the nMode to use as a standalone node for products such as wearables, gaming accessories, and smart-home or Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices.
Samtec has collaborated with ST to position the nMode Wireless Sensor Module as an FCC-certified production version of ST’s SensorTile development kit. The Samtec solution uses standard ICs and, like ST’s SensorTile, it’s compatible with the STM32 ecosystem through STM32Cube support.
Features of nMode™ include:
- STM32L476 ultra-low-power with FPU ARM Cortex-M4 MCU with floating point unit
- BlueNRG-MS Bluetooth low energy network processor
- BALF-NRG-01D3 integrated balun filter
- LSM6DSM 3D accelerometer + 3D gyroscope
- LSM303AGR 3D magnetometer + 3D accelerometer
- LPS22HB water and dust-resistant pressure sensor/barometer
- MP34DT04 digital MEMS microphone
- LD39115J18R low quiescent, current low noise LDO
“The cooperation between Samtec and ST is expanding the functionality of ST’s SensorTile from development to production,” said Steve Hillerich, Product Manager - Modules at Samtec, Inc.
The nMode module (P/N OMS-1-1313) will be available in Spring 2017 from distributors or directly from Samtec.
Using its Glass Core Technology, Samtec plans to release even smaller versions of the nMode Wireless Sensor Module and a growing portfolio of standard nMode modules throughout 2017.